M&S rolls out new unified branding

Marks and Spencer is to align its food and general merchandise under one tagline for the first time.

The retail giant launched its first unified brand campaign - which is called 'Only M&S' - on September 2nd and this strategy will run across all of its communication channels, including, social media, TV spots and point of sale displays, for the next 12 months.

Speaking about the move, M&S's executive director of marketing and international Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne told Marketing Week that he thinks customers will be "very comfortable" with the new approach.

"The intrinsic values that they share is what the consumer recognises - that great innovation, quality and incredible value. This [marketing] platform brings this all together for the first time in a very visible way," he added.

With the retailer celebrating its 130th anniversary, Mr Bousquet-Chavanne thinks now is an ideal time to build on the heritage the company has.

Unified branding

The decision to unite the two arms of the business make sense, especially as 60 per cent of M&S shoppers already use both services. It is hoped the campaign will encourage the remaining 40 per cent to consider the benefits of migrating to the other division.

Marks and Spencer has already demonstrated its commitment to a multi-channel experience. Earlier this year, it moved to a .com international web address and launched a campaign to promote its online selling channels. At the heart of these plans has been the desire to create an agile, flexible trading platform as it seeks to prepare for the future of commerce.

Mr Bousquet-Chavanne is confident the new approach will allow customers to see the "authority and confidence" that the retailer has in its products. On top of this, he believes adopting a unified branding approach will cultivate a greater desire for the M&S complete shopping experience.

‚Äč

Get in touch...

If you would like to find out more about any of the products or services that we offer here at Bladen Box, just get in touch with us through our contact form, by phone or by email - we will be more than happy to help you in whatever way we can.

Call us: 01623 812047